Climate Change Topics For Essay
Global warming appears to be quite a controversial issue and a number of possible aspects can be studied. One can pay attention to global warming causes (industrial progress, pollution etc.) and the effects, which are triggers, such as climate change, natural disasters and even international conflicts. Here are some possible topics and research prompts that you can use for your paper.
Causes of global warming:
- The process of a greenhouse effect;
- Industrial revolution and its impact on greenhouse effect increase;
- Agricultural and transportation growth as grounds for global warming;
- Does cutting forests cause global warming?
- Is burning fuels for getting energy a reason for global warming and climate change?
- Carbon overload as a result of burning gas and oil and a cause of global warming.
History of global warming research:
- How was global warming discovered?
- The factors making the climate to change;
- The Eurocentric perspective of global warming and climate change;
- Why should climate be considered as a delicate system?
- The possibilities of global warming today;
- The evidence of climate change throughout the humanity history;
- The warnings of climate change sent to publicity by scientists.
The issues of climate change:
- How to get adopted to the changes that happen to our climate;
- Climate change consequences and its confrontation;
- Possible changes of climate in future;
- Human control of the climate changes;
- How to grab media attention to the climate issues?
- The damage made by people to climate;
- The agents of climate change: do only humans impact the climate?
- The solutions to climate changing;
- How to regulate human influence on climate?
- The possible sources of funding for climate regulating;
- Natural climate change VS political change: the connections between 2 issues;
- What are the international law tools for climate change regulation?
- Migrations caused by climate change;
- Global warming role in North Atlantic.
Topics about pollution:
- The most productive polluters nowadays;
- What are the limits of pollution;
- Government monitoring of pollution;
- Toxic wastes and the dangers, which they carry;
- Industrial pollution and politics;
- Nuclear pollution nowadays;
- Analysis of environmental policy;
- Air pollution and global warming;
- The threat of global pollution in big cities;
- Health risks that are caused by air pollution;
- Global warming impacts on health.
Tips on Completing a Research About Global Warming
There are certain points, which you should consider when you carry on the research on global warming:
- The data, which you use must be accurate, so you can fully rely on it. Provide references in case your tutor would like to check its validity;
- Identify the certain location when you are discussing the climate issues. The global state of climate changing will be too broad for one research paper;
- Note if the global warming is permanent, recurrent or it appears sporadically. This will help you to prove that your hypothesis is true or false;
- When writing about global warming you should operate such terms as “climate change”, “ozone layer”, “greenhouse effect”, “acid rains”, “pollution” etc.;
- Indicate the human activities, which contribute to climatic changes and global warming;
- Suggest the possible solutions to the problem and the actions that can be taken.
How to Get It Started
No matter which topic you choose to enlighten in your research paper, the first thing to start with will be a good and strong introduction. Here you need to depict the main definition of a global warming effect, as well as a short guide on what you are going to talk about in your paper. Therefore, a good structure of all your chapters is essential for a nice first impression.
Lay out what you want to achieve with the topic you chose and provide the readers with a quick and condensed summarization of your paper. Also, include your own point of view on this topic and you may write why exactly you decided to write on this theme. In the case of climate pollution, you may start with:
“The place I live at has always been quite dirty and full with trash. I did not pay attention to it at childhood until me and my friends have found a little squirrel trapped in a tin can. After that I have found out about a local community of volunteers that experiment with their way of life by living without producing any waste that may harm our nature. I started being interested in how they were doing that…”
Main Body. Protect your point of view
This part of your research paper longs you to develop some methods which are to case such effects and ways to solve the problems. You may go deep in details as the structure of a research paper requires but be sure that in that case everyone understands such termini. If your classmates are not those who are obsessed with the greenhouse effect and not know everything about ozone holes, you better prepare a glossary in the attachments with an explanation or use a bit simpler definitions.
This is a part where you prove your standpoint and make everyone who reads it agree with you. Do some calculations, make a survey or draw a diagram of climate changing to reach a good result.
And as a result, you will get your own experiment which you have precisely observed already and provided your summary with graphs, tables and illustrations.
Conclusion of Your Findings
You may include here a discussion as well as you are to elaborate upon your findings, refer them to other notable researchers and state (once more) your point of view on this issue. You sum up everything having been done in your experiment and the role of it in the future of our planet and apparently your own life.
Research Paper Attachments – Obligatory!
When talking about a climate change, describing the processes in the Earth’s atmosphere or many other scientific issues no need to remind how necessary it is to include good-quality illustrations that will support your topic and explain the most complicated parts.
A reference list is another core part of the ending part where you are to put down on paper all the sources you were using for your research assignment. No need to say that these are also to be formatted to MLA or APA or Chicago format and the final page of yours will be also well-presented. Therefore, if you have any problems with building a reference list, ask your professor BEFORE stating that you are finishing your paper and do not forget to include the offered sources to your final part.
Bear in mind these tips and your research paper on global warming will be excellently written!
Rated 4.5 | From 11200 users.
20 Excellent Ideas For A High School Essay On Climate Change
Climate change is an excellent topic to write about in a school essay, because there are many interesting aspects of it. You can focus on the impact that if has on our everyday life, or how it will change the lives of our children. You can also think about the impact that civilization had on climate changes.
The best thing you can do before choosing the topic of your essay is to inform yourself the best you can on the subject. Read a lot of books, articles and watch some educational documentaries about climate chances, so you can truly understand what it means and how it affects your everyday life. If you are still troubling to find the right topic to write about, here are 20 excellent ideas for a high school essay on climate change.
- How are we living inversely that our parents due to climate change
- Will our children differently that we do because of the changes in climate we caused
- What would be the best local solution to the global problems in climate?
- El Niño may be far away, but its impact we will feel in a long time
- Five things that you should know about carbon dioxide
- Chemistry and the global changes in climate
- Local issues that need to be fixed before we can fight with global climate change
- History and climate change: How have the weather changes during the 20th century
- Flowers are dying: How is the species affected by the changes of climate
- Can the animals help: Can we change the climate by helping migration of certain species?
- Is there a limit to exploring black gold, and when it runs out what is the next fuel people will have to use?
- Can solar power help with minimizing the effects of global warming?
- Should we be truly alarmed about global changes of climate of are scientist over exaggerating
- What can a single person do to help out the future generations when it comes to climate?
- Should some changes be stopped and reversed, thou we call them “progress”?
- Worst scenario for Earth when it comes to global warming
- Global catastrophes and how to stop them from happening again
- Should governments implement the solutions for climate change, or should there be a greater union that will inforce them?
- Should we fear for our lives, or are global change in climate still reversible
- Best thing that can come out of climate changes